“God does not discipline us to subdue us, but to condition us for a life of usefulness and blessedness.” Billy Graham
Do you ever feel that you lack discipline in your life that you can’t seem to keep up with all your plans and goals and lose track of the important things that you should be able to accomplish?
I always feel this way. I have so many goals and plans and even if I have written it down, I find myself doing things that are not even on my to do list for that day. Sometimes, I struggle to put order in my life especially with the things that I have to do and accomplish every day because I simply lack self discipline.
Its easier when you are in school or in the office, you are always at your best when it comes to discipline because there are rules and policies set by the school or the office that you must follow and adhere to. But its different when you are working at home, doing your own business with only you whom you have to depend on for the rules and policies that needs to be followed by yourself. Thus, the need on how to develop self discipline emerges.
The best discipline, maybe the only discipline that really works, is self-discipline. Walter Kiechel III
Self discipline is also required when you plan to go on a diet if you feel like you are going over your required weight and you start to avoid looking at the mirrors. It is also required when you are out on a shopping spree and then realizing that you have spent your entire budget for the whole month buying things you don’t really need and ending up with no money for your important expenses.
In almost everything that we do and with the decisions that we make, we need a strong self discipline to guide us to make the right decisions, do the things that will produce more results and that will make us a much better person.
I have been reading a book on Simple Living For Busy People and I would like to share with you these great ways that I have learned from the book on how to develop self discipline and if you are such a busy person, then you might need this just like me who has been struggling to discipline myself while working at home for my business.
5 Simple Ways On How To Develop Self Discipline:
1. Set aside each time to plan your day
2. Be on Time. Doing what it takes to get there promptly develops self discipline.
3. Take a proactive approach to life: plan, set goals, organize.
4. Make the time for what you value
5. Control your spending. Avoid unplanned shopping trips or borrowing money on impulse.
And the most important lesson that I can share with you is to remember 4 reminders how we can develop self discipline in God’s way.
- Through discipline, God can help you effectively use your time and energy.
- Knowing when to say “Bring it on!” and when to say “Enough” are key components of disciplined work habits.
- Discipline starts with small steps: Bible chapter, five minutes for prayer, three minutes for making your bed and straightening your room.
- Your greatest and truest success in life come from your reliance in God.