Are you an OFW who keeps searching online on ways how to generate more income while working abroad?
The answer is how you are actually searching for the ways and that is by generating income online!
Having been an OFW myself before I went home to the Philippines and started my own online business, I use to manage 2-3 jobs while I was in London as I wanted to earn more than what I was earning with my main job as a Sales Consultant for a big mobile retailer company. And then I learned about Ebay and started to sell online and quit my other 2 jobs so I can just stay at home when I’m not working on my main job and al least I was still earning an extra income for selling on Ebay.
Then I got into network marketing and because of network marketing, I had to learn how to make my own website, blog and do social media marketing. And because I have learned how to make a website, I thought I can get into any business that I am passionate about because I know how to create a presence for my business online.
Thus, I got also got into real estate and internet network marketing and I am on my way into building my Training and Consultancy business online. And when you are earning that much, you can get into investments (stocks for example) which you can manage online.
What I just narrated to you is how you can create multiple streams of income by using the power of internet just like what I did.
So here are Top 10 Income Generating ideas that you might want to consider for you to earn extra income while working abroad where you can stay at home and do it online!
TOP 10 Income Generating Ideas For OFW:
1. Online Selling – you can start selling online thru platforms like ebay or amazon in the country where you are. You can check online if ebay and amazon are operating in your country. You can sell your own products either used or new and its a good way to get rid of those used items and earn money from it at the same time. There is also what we call drop shipping where you don’t hold any physical inventory or stocks, you just post it online thru your selling platform like Ebay or Amazon and the drop shipping company will be the one to process the order and ship the products to the customer who ordered from your online shop.
2. Freelance Work – you can work at home by doing freelance work that is available through odesk or elance. I have personally tried Odesk and there are good job offers available such as administrative work, virtual assistance, web design, sales, customer service and other office jobs that can be done at home by people all over the world. For OFW, you can take advantage of this by working as part time while you are at home. It’s like applying for a job where you go through the process of applying, interview and getting started with your work and get paid that is all done online.
3. Blogging – if you love writing and you are passionate about certain topics like health, travel, fashion, business or any topic that you are excited to write about, then you can blog about it and earn from it. Two ways that you can earn from blogging is to write for your own website or to write for a freelance work wherein someone hires you to write articles or blogs for a certain topic and they will pay you per article published.
4. Internet Marketing – you can put up your own website and put content into it by blogging and earn from ads thru Google Adwords or internet advertising where you get paid for every click on an ad displayed on your website. You can also offer advertisers or people who are in business to pay for a spot on your website for their internet ads to be displayed for an agreed time base on your agreement with them. You need to have your own website and you need a domain name and a hosting provider to start your own website. I use Bluehost, a hosting provider that I trust to host all of my websites and I use Godaddy to check the domain name I want for my website.
5. Affiliate Marketing – If you already have a website or planning to put up a website for blogging or internet marketing, you can also add this income generating idea of earning by being an affiliate to the company of your choice. There are a lot companies out there who offers affiliate program where you help them sell their product or services online. All you need to do is post a link or their banner ads to refer a customer to their site and if the customer buys or purchases thru your link, then you earn an affiliate commission. The best affiliate companies I have been affiliated is Share A Sale, Commission Junction and Linkshare.
6. Network Marketing – you can join a network marketing business and do it part time. Just make sure that you choose a product, company and a team that will support you and teach you on how to do the business online so you can maximize your time in building your network since you are an OFW who still has a full time job abroad. To learn more about this, you can check out these two opportunities that I am currently doing and you can work with me in doing this kind of business.. Click here.
7. Web Design – If you have a background in IT or knows how to create a website, you can start your web design business right at your home while working abroad. For those who wants to get into this business but has no IT background, there are a lot of tutorials available online that will teach you on how to make a website using wordpress or blogger which are the easiest platforms to use in creating a website. I was able to learn to create my own websites by watching video tutorials online and thru constant learning. If you want a free consultation, fill out this form.
8. Real Estate – You can be a real estate agent while you are abroad and what is good about your position as an OFW is that you are near within your best target market. Who do you think are capable of investing in real estate but those people who earning big income and most of them are working abroad.Sales commissions from Real Estate are really good as an extra income. You can check this website if you want to partner with us to become an agent.
9. Social Media Marketing – if you are a social media addict, you can turn that into an income generating business. You can offer your services as a social media publisher wherein you manage social media sites of people or companies who are trying to make a presence online or who wants to increase more of their presence. You can manage their facebook posts, handle their twitter account and instagram. I have been using Hootsuite and Post Planner to help me with my social media marketing strategy.
10. Stocks – if you have extra money, then you can invest in stocks every month for a long term plan which you can manage online. This will make your money grow as long as you invest on it for long term. You can check Bo Sanchez Truly Rich Club to guide you more on how to invest in stocks the right way.
I have listed down all these income generating ideas that I myself have personally done and can attest that it works and these ideas has been the main sources of my income. You can choose which idea to follow through and you can always use the power of Google or search online to learn more about these ideas.
You can also get in touch with me if you want to discuss more of any of the ides listed here and you can have a free consultation with me on how you can get started with your chosen income generating opportunity.