Are you that person who keep asking yourself this question, “What is my purpose?” or “What am I here for on Earth?”
If you answered yes, then the reason why you probably on this site and why you are reading this is because you are trying to seek answers for your questions.
Well, just like you, I also had a hard time figuring out the answer to these questions. All I knew that inside of me, I knew there was a reason why God has placed me here on earth.
I will ask you another question before I give you some tips that might help you find the answers to your questions.
Have you read this book or have you encountered this book from your quest for an answer but has not really taken the time to grab a copy of it and read it?
I was fortunate enough to receive this as a gift from my friend Aimee who gave it to me before I left Manila for a vacation and go back to London. She gave this to me year 2008 and I was only able to start reading it year 2013. Can you imagine that, it took 5 years before I even had the time to open it and read it. And it took me almost a year to finish it when you can only finish the 40 chapters in 40 days. But I am still thankful that God allowed me to get my hands on this book which helped me answer the most intriguing questions that I had in my mind regarding my purpose here on earth and He chose to create me.
I will not give you a detailed summary of the chapters of this book because if you really want to know your purpose, I recommend you to get a hand on this book and start reading it. Books are good investments especially this one. Instead I am going to give you a simplified version of how to answer the question of what is your purpose here on earth.
The first thing that you have to remember is that God has a plan and purpose for your life, it is a purpose that fits perfectly with the gifts and talents He has given you.
If you have a feeling in your life that things are not going the way that it should or in accordance to your plan, just remember this, If your goals are in harmony with God’s plan, your life is bound to be simpler and happier.
So how do you know if your goals are in harmony with God’s plan?
Understand these 4 principles to guide you in knowing God’s plan:
1. Your goals should be aimed at helping you fulfill the purpose for which you were created.
2. God desires to reveal his purpose for your life as you get to know Him better.
3. The gifts and talents God has given you are always in harmony with God’s purpose for you.
4. Goals are much easier to attain when you know that what you do pleases God.
And here are the necessary steps that you can take to help you understand the 4 Principles in knowing God’s plan:
1. Determine to read one chapter from the New Testament each day for insight into God’s purposes.
2. Evaluate your present goals. Are they consistent with your innate gifts and talents?
3. Through prayer, get to know God better and listen down deep inside for wisdom concerning his purpose for your life.
4. Set attainable goals that are specific and time phased.
5. When setting goals, be true to the vision God has given you – even if you only have on or two pieces of the puzzle.
“We make it our goal to please Him.” 2 Corinthians 5:9
I hope and pray that somehow, God has enabled me to share with you how you can find your purpose here on earth.